Bishop & McKenzie LLP Edmonton office is seeking a Commercial Real Estate Associate with three to five years of related practice experience. We are seeking a knowledgeable, outgoing, motivated, and practical lawyer with the ability to independently take carriage of client matters as well as work as part of a team.
You’ll be working directly with partners on larger, more complex matters, as well as assisting junior associates in the team.
A successful candidate will possess:
- Ability to assist clients with a wide range of commercial matters
- Commercial experience, including drafting agreements, commercial transactions, and familiarity with development processes, familiarity with land and construction lending;
- Ability and interest in managing their own files and practice
- A self-driven work ethic and high practice standards
- Interest in developing and creating opportunities to develop their own practice
- Experienced in teamwork and working collaboratively with other lawyers and professional administrative staff
- Strong professional communication and interpersonal skills
- Practiced professionalism, discretion, objectivity, and ethical behaviors, and
- Commitment to excellent client service.
Our firm is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values, respects, and supports different lived experiences and perspectives.
Bishop & McKenzie has stringent In-Office COVID-19 protocols (including mandatory vaccination) that are in place to ensure all employees and their families stay safe and well. We offer a bonus program and full benefits package.
Please send your resume and cover letter with “Commercial Real Estate Associate” in the subject line by email to the contact below. We would like to thank all applicants: however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Human Resources Contact
Bishop & McKenzie LLP
2300, 10180 - 101 St. NW
Edmonton, AB T5J 1V3