Bishop & McKenzie offers a wide range of opportunities at its offices in Edmonton and Calgary.
Bishop & McKenzie LLP is currently accepting applications for a full-time, Commercial Conveyancing and Lending Paralegal to join our team in Calgary.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hardworking, organized person to provide exceptional support to the firm in a busy department.
- Prepare documents based on written instruction or verbal direction
- Proofread and edit all documentation for grammar, spelling, and content accuracy
- Maintain diary system for all stages of a file
- Draft and prepare letters, e-mails, and accounts
- Draft and prepare necessary requests with accounting department to deal with trust funds
- Post time sheets, prepare e-mails and correspondence
- Organize and self-manage workload and files
- Draft and prepare reports and accounts to lenders
- Legal Assistant certification
- At least three years of direct work experience in Commercial Real Estate Conveyancing, Lending and Leasing
- Strong knowledge of basic legal concepts, principles, and terminology
- Good understanding of legal reference materials, procedures and legal filing systems, trust letters, statements of adjustments, conveyancing financing security documentation, purchase, and sale documentation
- High level organization, time management, sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and diplomacy
- Meticulous file records maintenance skills
- Off-title due diligence searches
- Complete Closing Book and Report to Client
- Websites – SPIN2, CORES, and Alberta Personal Property Registry
- Programs – Lawyer Done Deal, Lender Lawyer Connect and Telus Assyst
Our firm is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values, respects, and supports different lived experiences and perspectives.
We offer a full benefit package, holiday entitlement in the first year, and an employer contributed RRSP.
We would like to thank all applicants: however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please send your resume to the attention of Bailey English at email@example.com
Human Resources Contact
Bishop & McKenzie LLP
2300, 10180 - 101 St. NW
Edmonton, AB T5J 1V3