Bishop & McKenzie offers a wide range of opportunities at its offices in Edmonton and Calgary.
Our support staff are immeasurably important to us. The values they exude in their work elevates our operations every day. Their commitment to excellence, effort and respect for people is exemplary and humbling.
We want our team of personnel to have integrity, civility and an appreciation of the importance of a balanced life. Our lawyers strive to create an environment of co-operation that sets the tone for agreeable, encouraging relationships with support staff. It’s an approach handed down from our founding partners themselves.
Bishop & McKenzie is always looking for conscientious and capable people to join our team. Please send your resume to our Human Resources department.
Administrative Assistant Opportunity
Our Edmonton Office is looking for an Administrative Assistant to support an administrative team with a variety of tasks. The ideal candidate is highly organized, takes initiative, and is customer service oriented. If you are a team player, thrive under pressure and have a high attention to detail, this role could be for you.
- Manage workflow and provide support for a team of administrative managers
- Assisting with the preparation and maintenance of internal reporting documents
- Provide Accounting back up and assistance
- Limited Reception Relief
- Other administrative tasks as required
- 3 years or more years’ experience in an office environment
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office programs – including SharePoint and Excel
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Exhibit attention to detail and is committed to producing accurate and high-quality work
- Ability to organize, prioritize work and meet deadlines with a high degree of personal initiative
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
- Ability to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Possess problem solving skills with a proactive mindset
Commercial Real Estate Legal Assistant / Paralegal Opportunity
Bishop & McKenzie LLP has an opening for an experienced Commercial Real Estate Legal Assistant/Paralegal for our Calgary office. We are looking for a full time, enthusiastic, motivated person
- Prepare documents based on written instruction or verbal direction
- Proofread and edit all documentation for grammar, spelling, and content accuracy
- Maintain diary system for all stages of a file
- Draft and prepare letters, e-mails and accounts
- Draft and prepare necessary requests with accounting department to deal with trust funds
- Arrange appointments
- Post time sheets, prepare e-mails and correspondence
- Troubleshoot any unusual problems
- Organize and self-manage workload and files
- Draft and prepare reports and accounts to lenders
- Legal Assistant certification
- At least three years of direct work experience in Commercial Real Estate Acquisitions and Sales, Lending, including Construction Financing or Commercial Real Estate Refinancing
- Strong knowledge of basic legal concepts, principles, and terminology
- Thorough understanding of legal documentation related to Commercial Real Estate financing transactions and commercial purchases and sales
- Good understanding of legal reference materials, procedures and legal filing systems, trust letters, statements of adjustments, Commercial Real Estate financing security documentation, purchase and sale documentation
- High level organization, time management, sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and diplomacy
- Meticulous file records maintenance skills
- Off-title due diligence searches
- Websites – SPIN 11, Alberta Personal Property Registry
- Complete Closing Book and Report to Client
- Ability to work in a fast-paced practice, high volume desk
These positions require someone who is organized, energetic, confident, hardworking, and outgoing. We offer a full benefits package and holiday entitlement in the first year.
Bishop & McKenzie has stringent In-Office COVID-19 protocols that are in place to ensure all employees and their families stay safe and well.
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Human Resources Contact
Director of Human Resources
Bishop & McKenzie LLP
2300, 10180 - 101 St. NW
Edmonton, AB T5J 1V3